Her academic career at this institution began in 2006, following a public contest at the University of Algarve - School of Education, in the course of Design, as Assistant to the 1st Triennium of the Group of Visual and Technological Education, full time. In the year 2008/9, he was granted a service license by the University of Algarve to develop his research - PhD in Design that concluded in the year 2011. In 2010 he was the assistant of the 2nd Triennium of the Department of Communication, Arts and Design - University of Algarve - ESEC.
Currently is Professor in the Department of Communication, Arts and Design of the University of Algarve - ESEC, where he teaches in the degree and Master in design courses. Throughout his academic career, he has also collaborated with other Organic Units of the University of Algarve, teaching UC's degree and master's degree, namely in the Faculty of Economics and the Superior School of Hotel Management and Tourism of the University of Algarve.
He is the coordinator of the Master's degree in communication with a focus on design in the tourism and cultural sectors and member of the Scientific Council of the School of Education and Communication-UAlg
He was also responsible of others positions and missions during his academic career as:
- Mobility Coordinator at UAlg-ESEC,
- Coordinator of the Entrepreneurship Group at the University of Algarve (GTE) - Order RT.032 / 2014 till 2015;
- Member of the Task Force for the Marketing and Communication at the University of the Algarve - Order RT.030 / 2014.
- Coordinator of the entire redesign of the Visual Identity of the University of Algarve through the Rector's Order 037/2011.
- Member of UAlg team - Title of the lecture: The Power of Brands in Contemporary Society.